Do you plan on getting a new air conditioning system for your Linden, NJ home? Maybe, you’re starting to wonder what to choose between a central A/C and a ductless system. Let us help you make the right choice!
Read below to know their benefits and drawbacks.
Central Air Conditioners: How Do They Work?
A central A/C is composed of three major parts, including ductwork, an indoor unit, and an outdoor unit. Through a network of ducts, the treated air is distributed in the entire house. The ductwork is where the conditioned air passes through to enter a space via a supply register. When paired with a programmable thermostat, you can keep the temperature and utility costs under control.
Provides an even and consistent cooling solution for your home
- Setting up the unit is simple especially with an existing ductwork
- Adding zones is possible for better temperature control
- Saves space with its slim registers
- Offers longer warranty
- Ductwork needs regular cleaning to maintain fresh indoor air
- The need for ducts makes a central A/C unit costly
- Zoning is required for even temperature in all areas of the house
Ductless A/C Systems: How Do They Work?
Also called mini-split systems, ductless air conditioners are made up of only two components, namely an indoor handling unit and an outdoor compressor. The indoor and outdoor units are connected through a series of pipes and electrical wiring.
As the name implies, no ductwork is required as each indoor unit can cool every room in the house. Ductless systems can operate with one indoor unit matched with a single outdoor unit or multiple indoor units with only one outdoor unit. Either way, the system will work efficiently.
- You’ll spend less on utility bills
- Ductless A/C system operates quieter
- Easy and quick to install
- Offers a user-friendly interface as it doesn’t cycle on and off
- More expensive compared to central A/C systems
- The indoor units need to be installed correctly for higher efficiency and better look
We’ll Help You Choose Your New A/C System in Linden, NJ
If you are on the market for a new cooling system, we can help! Talk to our experts at Blue Air One to discuss your needs. We offer a variety of quality options for central air conditioners and ductless HVAC systems that suit your needs and budget. Call us at 908-740-8678 today!